Data Scientist with passion for AI – Volvo Group Connected Solutions
As Data Scientist in the CoE team, your main responsibility is to use your scientific knowledge and engineering skills to analyze large amounts of complex data, create models that can be applied to challenging problems, develop new algorithms and leverage machine learning techniques to address the needs of the Volvo Group. The aim is to create valuable insights and new business opportunities, and to communicate them effectively to colleagues, collaborators and customers. You will also play a role in identifying, quantifying and driving new initiatives within the Advanced Analytics/AI area, working closely together with teams within Volvo Group Connected Solutions as well as across the Volvo Group. The role requires an agile and open analytic mindset and the passion to deliver value for our customers.
The position reports to the Director of Advanced Analytics & AI and you will work together with a dream team of highly skilled Analytics Managers, Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
As Data Scientist, your key responsibilities are:
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data processing, machine learning and AI techniques
- Develop and evaluate data processing/analysis pipelines, from data preparation to final presentation of results
- Lead and coordinate Advanced Analytics team efforts in projects where needed
- Contribute to insights and new data-driven service innovation, from idea generation to deployment
- Understand how analytics may/will transform industry dynamics
- Collaborate with functions within the Volvo Group as well as external partners, both large multinationals and start-ups, with the purpose of exploring new opportunities for the Volvo Group
- Develop an understanding of the opportunities and challenges of the Volvo Group data landscape and how this relates to the needs of the organization
To qualify for this role
- You have earned an advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or a related area
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- You understand and can apply different regression, classification, clustering, association rule and dimensionality reduction methods, such as Decision Trees and Random Forests, SVMs with different kernels, Naïve Bayes and Bayesian Networks, kNN, PCA, t-SNE, etc.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex challenges and devising new approaches to reach results
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You have the technical skill to perform Advanced Analytics tasks:
- Coding skills (such as Python, R, Java, and/or Scala)
- Analytics tools familiarity (such as Pandas, Spark, Hadoop, SPSS, SAS)
- Data access (e.g., SQL, CSV files) and collaborative work (e.g., git)
- Experience performing analysis with large real-world datasets (i.e. Big Data)
- An ability to present and visualize data and analytics results in a format appropriate for different audiences
- Experience with visualization tools such as Qliksense, Power BI or Kibana is considered a plus
- Humor; because, in the end, working in the CoE team should be fun
You are fluent in English. International business experience is a merit. The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and a great persona, in combination with a strong track record and references.
Location & Timeline
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Occasional travel is expected. The final date of application is 13th of January.
For more information please contact
Robert Valton, Director Advanced Analytics & Visualization, +46 31 3227614
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.