Volvo Group IT Graduate Program - Software Architect - Ghent
The IT Graduate Development Program is an entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions.
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
With over 150 dedicated and highly skilled IT professionals located in Ghent, Group IT Belgium supports its internal customers within the Volvo Group to be best in class our business. We are constantly looking for passionate and skilled IT professionals to support both our truck assembly factory and our distribution center. Volvo Group IT Belgium is fully integrated in the global Group IT organization by globally supporting and developing solutions. How? By offering infrastructure, application delivery and data to facilitate strategical decisions.
Within global Group IT, you will be part of Manufacturing & Logistics Solutions contributing worldwide to Volvo trucks and busses plants. We support the complete truck manufacturing process until our customer starts the engine of her or his brand-new truck with integrated IT solutions and new technologies providing great user experience. We ensure perfect quality and delivery on time with the specs our customers asked for.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
You will be part of Manufacturing & Logistics Solutions team contributing worldwide to Volvo trucks and busses plants. Your direct colleagues will be located in Ghent. We are a varied group of people that take great pride to listen to everybody's opinion no matter of your experience nor background. Everybody counts! We really appreciate a self-learning attitude and taking ownership. As we are a global company, you will experience firsthand how fun it can be to work with different cultures and discover what a Swedish fika is…
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new Mobile solutions (Java) on Cloud platform in a full devops way for all trucks and bus factories worldwide creating better user experience
- Dive into our IoT platform, try out new ideas and concepts
- Develop new API services to provide data for world’s biggest Volvo truck plant in Ghent
- Create Business Analytics reports grabbing date from Volvo Groups data lake and so help Volvo’s profit raise even more
- You will also have to opportunity to co-operate in worldwide projects together with an international team.
WHO ARE YOU?
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering science, Computer science, Business Administration or equivalent (graduated in 2018, 2019 or 2020)
- A passion for IT
- Solid English skills
- Java knowledge
- Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
- Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
- Transparent, has respect for the individual and values diversity
- Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
- Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
LET'S DO THIS!
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Will you join us?
For consideration, include the following at time of submission:
- Cover Letter
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
Recruitment process & Timing (Belgium):
- W04 – W08: CV screening
- W08 – W09: Feedback + Sonru Videos (Video interviews)
- W10 – W11: Feedback + Invitations Selection Day
- W12: Selection Day in Ghent on the 16th of March 2020
- W12 – W13: Feedback + Online testing
- W14 – W16: Interviews with hiring managers
- Final decision: Feedback to all candidates left in the process
Our recruitment process contains several steps. Please note we will eliminate candidates during the process.
We will invite top 5 candidates per position for the selection day after evaluating the Sonru Videos.
Keep in mind to block your agendas in advance.
HRBP: Jelle Muylaert
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.