Head of Risk & Operations
Role (Purpose of the job)
The Head of Risk & Operations for Volvo Financial Services China (VFS China) is responsible for the overall strategic design, implementation, and maintenance for all aspects of security perfection, insurance tracking, billing, and customer service for the Retail portfolio; as well as management of dealer portfolio analysis and credit decisions. This Head of Risk & Operations ensures soundness of all VFS China business segments (such as Trucks and Construction Equipment) and is a key contributor to the execution of business strategy.
Head of Risk & Operations is part of the local management team and a member of local credit committee, report to the President of VFS China.
- Attracts, retains, and engages employees and demonstrates strong leadership
- Evaluates and recommends business strategies for consideration and provides advice and counsel to the President VFS China and other management team members
- Analyses and evaluates proposed transactions to quantify overall impact on corporate profitability
- Leads activities for all financial services back-end operations (Collateral Administration, funding management and Customer Service)
- Monitoring the processing and settlement of loan, finance lease contract and wholesale business.
- Promotes prudent level of portfolio management through the industry/macro analysis and maintenance of a database profiling the credit exposure according to segment/industry, risk/reward relationship and by application of such business analytics to identify business opportunities.
- Uses risk management tools to mitigate risk, ensure consistent quality and develops, implements, and maintains a framework for tracking and reporting on the status of the portfolios.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing ongoing business relationships with dealer network/BA, supporting the marketing of the finance products and product opportunities.
- Implements customer focused processes to improve organizational efficiency
- Develops, documents and communicates effective risk management policies/procedures and ensures accurate/complete documentation for risk management policies/guidelines and audit purposes in accordance with Volvo Group policies and procedures
- Works closely with Legal in contract review and negotiation with involved parties
- Develops appropriate metrics to measure both Retail and Wholesale Credit efficiency
- Provides leadership to ensure key process/system changes are implemented on time and within budget
- Creates strategic plans, including operating expenses, budget and talent management
- Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements
- Participates as a member of the VFS China Management team sharing best practices, resolving issues and providing support
- Evaluates transactions for credit worthiness as a member of Credit Committee
- Assess and ensures the competency of the direct reports and reinforce accountability through management by objectives and monitor target achievement.
Main Competence Requirements
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Good Knowledge/Understanding of financial services products and services
- Thorough knowledge of credit and risk management
- Ability to understand and implement the company strategy
- Highly target-driven, self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Strong analytical skills as well as holistic thinking
- Demonstrates managerial effectiveness and efficiency
- High Standard of professionalism and operate with integrity
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Desired Statistics expertise, experience in Statistical tool like SAS or SPSS
- University degree required on Finance or Business Administration or equivalent
- Typically minimum of 10 years of credit and risk management preferably in the banking or financial service industry
- Proficient in both of Chinese and English (both oral and written)
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.