System Architect, On Board Diagnostics
At Volvo Group Trucks Technology electromobility, we are currently looking for a senior system architect to join the team that handles the area of On Board Diagnostics, CARB and standardization.
What do we do?
We are a dynamic section at Complete Electromobility and we provide world-class solutions for complete electric propulsion systems, delivering end customer value for Volvo business units such as trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine applications. We belong to ElectroMobility, and we want you to join us!
ElectroMobility is one of the main development areas within Volvo Group located at the innovation center CampX which was created to be in the forefront of environmental friendly transport solutions for a more sustainable tomorrow.
What will you do?
When you become part of our team at the Electromobility department, you will get all benefits from a large and international company but also the benefits you will find in a smaller company. By that we mean that you will have close collaboration with colleagues from different parts of the entity, from sales and purchasing to component design actually sitting close to you. Combine that with having the total ownership of our solutions that span from idea/concept to industrialization and to aftermarket and maintenance!
We are working in a cross-functional way from system/function design, software implementation and calibration to verification of our features in customer end products.
As an OBD architect, you will be part of many aspects of development and implementation of legislated diagnostic functionality. You and the team will understand the legal and customer requirements, and will design robust solutions. You have a working knowledge of Electric Vehicle (EV) controls required to analyze interactions with the OBD system.
Responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Monitor Global OBD Electric Vehicle (EV) regulatory requirements
- Break down of requirements from certification and other stakeholders.
- Develop diagnostic requirements for all EV powertrain control modules to meet regulation and accurate fault detection
- Document diagnostic requirements and work closely with the OBD Function Developer responsible for the Monitor Descriptions and Repair and Maintenance Information
- Work closely with the L2 system function owner to maintain the global J1979 PID list.
- Participate in system engineering work to improve the Electromobility products
- Work closely with the team on OBD issue identification/investigation and resolution on electric vehicle applications
- Participate in networks, joining certification engineers and specialists to cascade information from diagnostics related activities in the company affecting team, e.g. to develop common solutions for diesel, hybrid and electric vehicles
- Share the diagnostics disciplined knowledge within the organization
We believe teamwork and collaboration is the foundation for great products and an attractive workplace. Therefore we work in an agile way where everyone is part of a sub team of 5-8 colleagues with complementary skills committed to a common purpose. Every team plans their own work autonomously and delivers solutions together. We take influences from SAFe and practice Agile methods and have the agile manifesto as guiding principles on how we work.
Electromobility is facing many challenges and the complete Heavy Duty industry is screaming for outstanding solutions within our field. You will have great opportunities in your career when joining our team!
Who are you?
We believe that to be successful in this position, you are a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver. You either have experience from the automotive industry, system and system development with great attitude, working cross-functional and a willingness to learn and take more responsibility.
We also believe that you have:
- Master of Science in Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- 5+ years in relevant engineering profession
Jörgen Kjellberg, Group manager Electromobility System and Architecture +46739025464.
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.