Co-op: Base Engine Component Engineer (Fall 2020)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Powertrain by working on important and innovative projects. Co-ops are structured learning experiences where coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The co-op allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Powertrain.
Assist engineers with component testing, system testing, data analysis, and reporting. Tests may include stationary rigs, test cell, or vehicle testing. Base Engine system components include Cylinder block, Cylinder head, Camshaft, Valvetrain, Crankshaft, Connecting rods, Pistons, Oil systems, Cooling systems, Flywheel housings, Flywheels, Power Take Off (PTO), Front Engine Accessory Drive (FEAD) and belt drives, Gaskets, Seals and Fasteners. The goal is to work independently by mid-term and complete several small projects within the timeframe allowed. Assignments should provide good hands-on experience in several diesel engine technology areas.
Duties may include:
· Report Generation and data analysis
· Support chassis and/or test cell work and/or bench testing
· Generate and prepare design work orders and design reviews
· Collect, collate, and maintain design review data
· Define/coordinate prototype part control plan (what is to be measured by supplier)
· Manage purchase requisition through authorization process
· Coordinate component specific test: Instrumentation request, test location, Test Tech Coordination, and collect data
· Analyze test data for Engineer review
· Synthesize component durability test hours (in cell or on bench)
· Define, coordinate and analyze component measurements for Engineer review
· Data input and information extraction from electronic systems
· Document detailed component related information
· Attention to details required when identifying a root cause to a specific problem or situation.
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op/Internship Education and Program Requirements
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
· Co-ops work 40 hours per week and not be enrolled in academic courses during the semester.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
· Strong communication skills.
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.