Commodity Buyer - Steering
This is us, your new colleagues:
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in both Sweden and France.
We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team
As a Commodity buyer you will be accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers in your segments. You will be responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during and after production.
- To contribute to the Segment Business Plan and be an active member of the Commodity Buyer network
- To secure that supplier selections are aligned with the Segment Business Plan
- To negotiate and secure implementation of agreements with suppliers
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D, Finance, Logistics, Engineering teams
- Manage daily Purchasing activities related to e.g order handling, logistics, quality issues and financial flows to the suppliers
- Actively contribute to the team development by bringing improvement ideas, support your peers and sharing good cases and learnings
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Creative and solution oriented mindset
- Positive mindset and team player
- Structured way of working
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to go out on the field
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
- Ability to communicate with facts, to sell concepts and get desired support
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strong computer skills and good knowledge level of using the office package
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- 2-4 years purchasing experience, preferably in automotive (Not mandatory)
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.