Project Buyer - Forgings
The Project Buyer is the Purchasing interface towards projects and suppliers on his segments during the entire project phase. He is responsible to secure that the project QDCFTSR targets are met, and maintained.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, Risk Management.
- Develop the Sourcing plan for components & systems according to cross-functional time plans
- Manage Sourcing activities in project phase:
- Drive the supplier selection process
- Secure that supplier selection complies with Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost…)
- Secure the outcome of the Sourcing in a contractual package
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers to fulfill APQP activities managed by SQE
- Challenge, Negotiate, Secure & Report fulfillment of Project targets in terms of QDCFTSR during Sourcing and Project phase
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in the Project phase
- Manage parts and orders in Project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the Commodity buyer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection…)
- Manage Project Performance Reviews with suppliers and stakeholders
- Provide input on Supplier Project Performance to the Commodity buyer
- Business Acumen
- Technology knowledge - Forgings
- Financial analysis
- Cost Management
- Project Management
- Production & Supply chain
- Quality Management
- Legal Management
- Relevant process & system knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Experience in Automotive Purchasing
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Positive attitude and target oriented approach
- Strong team player and the ability to take initiatives
- Willingness to travel from occasionally to frequently based on ongoing activities
Acerca de nosotros
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people. Volvo Group Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals world-wide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 120 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend, 2,550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.