This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. The Volvo brand has been built up over decades and is the second-largest heavy-duty truck brand in the world, with strong core values of safety, quality and environmental care
Positions directly supervised / managed:
Parts Advisor, Parts Operatives, Parts Delivery Drivers, Parts Apprentices
Full Profit and Loss responsibility for the Parts Department including stock management. To manage the Parts Department in the most effective and profitable manner by maximizing sales, profit and service. To be responsible for the performance and development of part customer contract accounts.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- To manage all aspects of the Parts Department using the Management Accounts and Stock evaluation reports.
- To meet all sales targets and budgets in line business plan
- To actively manage sales activities, promotions and other marketing activities as required.
- To manage customers objections and complaints through to resolution, ensuring they are recorded on relevant systems.
- To be responsible for the motivation and development of team to ensure all KPI’s are met within responsibilities of these roles.
- Management of Team including performance management, PBP’s, development plans and managing absence
- To ensure all Volvo parts process are followed and reported on, stock management (inc Oil), VOR ordering, MOR’s, Rejected Discrepancies, T Card system, old suppliers on order, Buy-Back deadlines, obsolescence, TMA, Price support, exchange charges.
- Control of direct operating costs, cash sales and the management of credit note sign off procedure in conjunction with the Dealerpoint Manager
- To ensure that the inventory and premises are secure at all times.
- To ensure that Roadcrew parts are supplied in preference to third party suppliers.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Self- motivated.
- Results driven.
- Customer focussed
- Highest standards of integrity.
- Ability to exercise good commercial judgement to improve business performance.
- Ability to identify potential sales opportunities.
- Confident negotiator
- Ability to create logical and objective business proposals..
- Ability to influence at all levels of the business
- Ability to build effective working relationships across all business areas.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Willingness to learn and accept new challenges.
- Effective at organising and prioritising a high work load.
- People Management skills
- Ability to read and use the Management Accounts and Stock Evaluation reports
- Ability to forecast monthly performance
- Ability to Budget
- Required knowledge & experience:
Education / Professional Qualifications required for the position:
O’level or GCSE English and Maths
Experience within Parts Sales environment (selling BTB)
- Additional important requirements:
- Sound knowledge of Parts and Inventory management.
- Sound knowledge of Volvo Product range and associated value-added services.
- Proficient in IT systems
- Strong IT literacy (MS Office (particularly Excel) ) and a GDS/Kerridge style dealer system awareness
- Transport Industry legislation and Marketplace awareness (including customers and competitors)
- Experience in managing a team
- Technical awareness
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary 252days’ holidays raising to 25 plus bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme (up to 5%) Other benefits include childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, friend and family discount on Volvo & Renault cars
Acerca de nosotros
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.