Intern: NRV Factory Support (Summer 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Project Support and Front Office department as a Factory Support Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Project Support team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering but within the production environment. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Project Support and Front Office Group Manager.
- Investigate manufacturing and assembly issues related to GTT product design
- Analyze manufacturing and assembly problem reports to determine the best course of action required to resolve problems and to implement cost effective solutions
- Actively work to eliminate GTT design issues that contribute to demerits on factory product audits
- Work with the design groups to release clear and accurate documentation of design solutions to manufacturing
- Investigate assembly and manufacturing information affecting product development as required by the GTT design groups
- Support publishing of weekly report which informing the Engineering organization of issue resolved
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns work up to 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Project)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Visual Studio integrated development environment (IDE)
- Strong Proficiency with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) & VB.NET
- Good understanding of the Microsoft SharePoint framework
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.