Co-op: Health & Safety (Spring 2020)
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this co-op is to allow the student to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Co-Ops will be provided extensive hands-on experience in the field of Safety and Environmental roles. The co-op will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced professionals.
- Under direct supervision, performs basic and routine duties in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the HSE standards along with federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of safety and health programs, systems and procedures within the ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 Management Systems
- Assists in monitoring hazards that may be present in the work area
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries and complaints concerning hazards in the workplace
- Works with Ergonomics Team to develop and implement solutions to workplace ergonomic concerns
- Participates in recommending improvement in processes, design, procedures and equipment to minimize hazards
- Participates in employee training, emergency preparedness and assures the quality of programs
- Assists in maintenance of training records, required inspections and data collection and input for environmental reporting
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Thrives in a team-based environment
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Co-op positions require the student to be registered with their university's co-op program in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Spring co-ops work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Safety & Environmental Health or related field
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.