Secure Connect Services
The SCS service provides a secure client VPN access to a company intranet over an unsecure network like e.g. Internet. This makes it possible to work from home or connect to internal resource while on the road.
The service gives an in office like experience with the exception that the performance depends on latency and bandwidth of the Internet connection.
While connected, all communication will be done via the VPN access and no local access is allowed. To be able to verify the user credentials when connecting an authentication server is needed.
This is not included in SCS but can be offered.
SCS consists of two parts, one client software (hereafter called the SCS-client) and one central VPN-gateway (hereafter called the SCS-gateway). The SCS-client is used to encrypt/decrypt the traffic to and from the SCS-gateway. The SCS client can be installed on a PC with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Besides to encrypt/decrypt the traffic to and from an SCS-client, the SCS-gateway forces the user to authenticate with a one-time password before the communication can start.
- The SCS service provides a secure client VPN access to a company intranet over an unsecure network like e.g. Internet
- SCS adds user authentication and protection of the communication between client and the gateway.
- SCS uses VPN, Virtual Private Network technology, which makes it possible to run securely over a public network.
- SCS supports both Internet and private network connections
- SCS demands a software installation on the client.
- No local access (split tunneling)
- One-time password is mandatory
MyAccess is an example of the SCS technlogy.