Business Improvement Leader
To support the Supplier Quality and Development (SQ&D) line organization within Purchasing, managing and continuously improve and harmonize processes, systems and tools within the Excellence areas. Lead improvement assignments, assessments and investigations, and act as a business support function.
What we offer
A senior position where you will have the opportunity to drive challenging and strategic assignments and tasks. The position is highly visible, including high level of co-operation with the Purchasing line organization and the GTP NA Management as well as other senior stakeholders
The opportunity to work in a highly competitive environment with global purchasing responsibilities, and to develop in a dynamic and multicultural organization.
An opportunity to become a member of our solid global team consisting of team players with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver result.
- Be the expert in one or several processes, systems and tools in your Excellence area.
- Lead assignments, investigations and projects within the area of expertise
- As an expert, contribute to cross-functionally improve existing processes, systems and tools
- Be the first point of contact for questions in your area, follow-up, and provide feedback
- Support the Continuous Improvements in your area, based on business needs and strategies
- Gather Continuous Improvement Ideas and identify potential improvements from process assessment, anchor with relevant stakeholders, develop, implement and measure the outcome
- Put requirements on IT solutions based on customer/receiver needs and benchmarks, interface with ITS for enhancement of IT tools
- Promote global processes and tools usage, supporting process compliance on a global level
- Contribute to the Purchasing Business Plan activities
- Represent North America Supplier Quality and Development (SQ&D) within Purchasing line organization (key contact).
- University degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of the Volvo Group, data management and reporting tools
- At least 3 years of relevant experience from the purchasing line organization.
- Good general knowledge of key performance indicators and interpretation of KPI’s
- Good in communication and stakeholder management
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Instill trust between stakeholders
- Be action oriented
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Be focused on driving results
- Intercultural Leadership
- Customer Focus - Ability to put what is best for Volvo Group in focus
- Data Management & Analytical Skills
- Project Management
Acerca de nosotros
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de solicitud
Recibirás un correo de confirmación al solicitar la posición. Después de esto, es posible actualizar tu perfil personal
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte información sobre los siguientes pasos: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados si son elegidos para esta posición. Puedes elegir si deseas mantener tu información en nuestra base de datos y activar la búsqueda de posiciones afines a tu perfil.
Una vez en tu posición, recibirás una inducción para integrarte al equipo y comenzar a trabajar en tus tareas de la mejor manera.